Thursday 21 December 2006

喜事传千里 Good news spreads a thousand miles

MUM & DAD
First I told my mum and dad in the form of a thin blue line in a square window. They were overjoyed but also disbelieved.

MUM'S MUM
The news was sort of confirmed after they saw the GP at the Royal Infirmary the next day. My mum phoned her sister's house in Penang to tell her mum. By then at least two more persons had shared that joy!

DAD'S MUM
My dad called home Ipoh but his brother said that his dad and mum were not at home. My dad's mum was with her mum. So my dad called my great-grandmum's mobile phone to look for my grandmum. They were having dinner at Tong Hoi Restaurant with my 4th aunt's family. By then the good news had reach many!

DAD'S DAD
My grandmum told my dad that his dad was swimming, so my dad should either call home after midnight (my granddad is a dedicated swimmer - he usually swim until midnight) or call his mobile (my granddad is a skillful swimmer - he can answer calls while swimming). My dad tried both way repeatedly but failed...

No comments: