Thursday 21 December 2006

The First Email

As you can see, I am a technobaby. Many events of my life will happen in the net. This blog is definitely the first web blog about me. My dad says that I am going to read it and blog it myself when I grow other. He has also kept the first email about me. It is written to his friend in New Jersey.


>
>Wow you are my prophet! My wife just self-tested positive for pregnancy
>yesterday. We went to the GP just now and he says a thorough check from
>midwife will only take place in a week or two. Anyway it seems that we are
>unlikely to join you in Rome, Paris or London. But I welcome you to visit
>us in Glasgow and provide some free expert advices to my wife!
>
>I have not even told my dad about this -- You should be feelling very
>honoured to be my first friend to know this! ; p
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Husnain Syed" <husnainsyed@hotmail.com>
>To: <foo.lokemin@green.oxon.org>
>Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 10:48 PM
>Subject: Re: pregnant
>
>
>>Wait a minute..did you say pregnancy?
>>
>>>
>>>Thanks so much for the kind invitation!
>>>
>>>In fact my wife and I are planning to go to Paris next June, and possible
>>>a trip to Rome and the Vatican City with my mum-in-law (she speaks better
>>>English than I so she could help to entertain your mum if you want to ;
>>>p) Of course this is still subject to many factors 'beyond my control'
>>>(e.g. pregnancy) but pls keep me updated so if no such factor pops up by
>>>early next year , we may decide to join you. Otherwise we could at least
>>>meet somewhere in the UK as you suggested.
>>>
>>>By the way, anyone else you know graduating on the same day? I plan to
>>>attend my Oxford ceremony in 2008, together with my PhD ceremony (so my
>>>family can kill two birds with one stone/trip). It always drive me crazy
>>>to imagine entering the Sheldonian with no familiar faces in the crowd...
>>>
>>>
>>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Husnain Syed"
>>><husnainsyed@hotmail.com>
>>>To: <foo.lokemin@green.oxon.org>
>>>Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 6:13 PM
>>>Subject: Re: maybe only an abstract but I like it!
>>>
>>>
>>>>Dearest Foo-Bear,
>>>> I am planning to return to Oxford for my ceremony on the 8th of June,
>>>>2007. I am also planning to spend a few days in Paris or elsewhere in
>>>>France before and a few days after in Rome with my mother. So if you and
>>>>your wife fancy a trip in June then perhaps we can meet up, otherwise I
>>>>expect that between say the 7-10 of June we can meet somwehere in the
>>>>UK.
>>>> I miss the evenings spent chatting and laughing with you and Shaun,
>>>>c'est la vie. Maybe they'll make us fellows someday and we can spend our
>>>>days in scholarship, in good company and with good food.
>>>>
>>>>Love
>>>>Huzzy
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Still studying in Glasgow and welcoming old friends to visit Scotland.
>>>>>I am pretty much safe here in Scotland, unlike our British PM's
>>>>>strategist friend in central London.
>>>>>
>>>>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Husnain Syed"
>>>>><husnainsyed@hotmail.com>
>>>>>To: <foo.lokemin@green.oxon.org>
>>>>>Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 7:10 PM
>>>>>Subject: Re: maybe only an abstract but I like it!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Is that urdu/hindi for congratulations written in English? Foo you are
>>>>>>a man of many talents. Send me an update mate. Also look out for
>>>>>>radioactive material in your sushi.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Love
>>>>>>HUzzy
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Syabas!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>(well done in Malay)
>>>>>>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Husnain Syed"
>>>>>>><husnainsyed@hotmail.com>
>>>>>>>To: <rut@us.es>; <rebecca.fawcett@green.oxford.ac.uk>;
>>>>>>><shaun.chau@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk>;
>>>>>>><foo.lokemin@socres.oxford.ac.uk>; <valentdo@umdnj.edu>;
>>>>>>><davsat2000@yahoo.com>; <docsy2002@yahoo.com>;
>>>>>>><john.wood@imvs.sa.gov.au>; <foo.lokemin@green.oxon.org>;
>>>>>>><shariq@rdmi.com>; <dirtypillows7576@yahoo.com>;
>>>>>>><zahida_syed@hotmail.com>; <rossana@biocfarm.unibo.it>;
>>>>>>><nj10000@hotmail.com>
>>>>>>>Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 1:09 AM
>>>>>>>Subject: FW: maybe only an abstract but I like it!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Dear Hearts,
>>>>>>>> I'm still trying to hang onto ophthalmic science. Only an abstract
>>>>>>>>but I tell you it feels nice all the same. John I wish you and the
>>>>>>>>lads were around for a pint. I'm supposed to be at a Christmas party
>>>>>>>>right now, but I was on call yesterday and am rather knackered. It's
>>>>>>>>not the same when your mates aren't about.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Love
>>>>>>>>Huzzy

No comments: